[CS-FSLUG] OFB: The Real Announcement at WWDC: Safari for Windows

Timothy Butler tbutler at ofb.biz
Mon Jun 11 23:12:27 CDT 2007

I have mixed feelings about it, but I think it has potential, at
least. I find Safari a bit "cleaner" feeling (and like its rendering
a bit better) than Firefox. The newer WebKit builds fix some of the
thing I don't like about it, such as lack of WYSIWYG support on web
forms. Don't get me wrong, I like Firefox too, but I suspect Safari
might be able to appeal to some people who don't like the Firefox way
of doing certain things (like RSS, for example). Incidentally, since
Microsoft basically copied Safari's look and feel for IE7, its UI is
already familiar as well.

The big question I didn't hear addressed is if Safari for Windows
will link with .Mac. If so, I'd find it really useful, since my one
Windows system would have all of my bookmarks on it.

	-Tim

---
Timothy R. Butler | "Because philosophy arises from awe, a philosopher
tbutler at ofb.biz   | is bound in  his  way to  be a lover of myths  and
www.uninet.info   | poetic fables. Poets and philosophers are alike in
timothybutler.us  | being big with wonder."
                                                      -- Thomas Aquinas