[CS-FSLUG] Networking with Ubuntu or Fedora Core 6

Hilding he7316575 at yahoo.se
Mon Feb 26 10:24:27 CST 2007

iptables-save will give this:

# Generated by iptables-save v1.3.5 on Mon Feb 26 17:19:37 2007
*filter
:INPUT ACCEPT [0:0]
:FORWARD ACCEPT [0:0]
:OUTPUT ACCEPT [1256:1989809]
:RH-Firewall-1-INPUT - [0:0]
-A INPUT -j RH-Firewall-1-INPUT
-A FORWARD -j RH-Firewall-1-INPUT
-A RH-Firewall-1-INPUT -i lo -j ACCEPT
-A RH-Firewall-1-INPUT -p icmp -m icmp --icmp-type any -j ACCEPT
-A RH-Firewall-1-INPUT -p esp -j ACCEPT
-A RH-Firewall-1-INPUT -p ah -j ACCEPT
-A RH-Firewall-1-INPUT -d 224.0.0.251 -p udp -m udp --dport 5353 -j ACCEPT
-A RH-Firewall-1-INPUT -p udp -m udp --dport 631 -j ACCEPT
-A RH-Firewall-1-INPUT -m state --state RELATED,ESTABLISHED -j ACCEPT
-A RH-Firewall-1-INPUT -j REJECT --reject-with icmp-host-prohibited
COMMIT
# Completed on Mon Feb 26 17:19:37 2007

Well, I may not pretend that I know what this will mean, both Accept and
Reject. Please, could You be so kind to tell me what to do next. This is
Fedora Core 6, not Ubuntu. Actually, my first concern is to make it
possible to use the printer, connected to the big PC, from the small
one. I have understood it like this: You have to read the files in
common before even thinking about sharing the same printer.

/Hilding Egestal