[CS-FSLUG] Installing ia32-libs-gtk

David McGlone dlmcglone at columbus.rr.com
Fri Apr 13 14:45:14 CDT 2007

Is anyone on the list using kubuntu?

I need to install the ia32-libs-gtk package, but adept package manager will
not let me mark it to be installed.

I've looked for the package around on the net and tried one from debians site,
but it  spits this out at me:

dpkg: dependency problems prevent configuration of ia32-libs-gtk:
ia32-libs-gtk depends on ia32-libs (>= 1.18); however:
Version of ia32-libs on system is 1.5ubuntu5.
dpkg: error processing ia32-libs-gtk (--install):
ia32-libs-gtk

What I am trying to accomplish here is getting flash to work on my x86_64
using nspluginwrapper and I think, but not for sure that I need the
ia32-libs-gtk package installed.

The reason I believe I need this package is based on a howto.

But since I couldn't get it installed, I skipped it and went on luck and when
trying to use nspluginwrapper I get this error:

david at lappy:~$
nspluginwrapper -i /home/david/.mozilla/plugins/libflashplayer.so
/usr/lib/nspluginwrapper/i386/linux/npviewer.bin: error while loading shared
libraries: libgtk-x11-2.0.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file
or directory
/usr/lib/nspluginwrapper/i386/linux/npviewer.bin: error while loading shared
libraries: libgtk-x11-2.0.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file
or directory
nspluginwrapper: /home/david/.mozilla/plugins/libflashplayer.so is not a valid
NPAPI plugin

This is weird to me because:
david at lappy:~$ whereis libgtk-x11-2.0.so.0
libgtk-x11-2.0.so: /usr/lib/libgtk-x11-2.0.so.0

Any ideas anyone?

David M.