[CS-FSLUG] Paradise...

Ed Hurst ehurst at asisaid.com
Mon Sep 25 10:37:13 CDT 2006

'Mash wrote:

> BTW, where can I find the list of abbreviations to put in my subject
> for helping people filter posts ?
> I know I seem to post far more non technical posts then anyone else here.

I'll give you a provisional answer, because Tim keeps track of this
better than I. The official list includes:

[OT] Generally off-topic
[PD] Political Discussion
[NI] News item; mostly disused these days

Frankly, I've forgotten two others because they've not been needed in
over a year. In moderator discussions, my impression is we tend to be
flexible about creating new categories to address existing issues, and
let old ones die when they are no longer needed. To my memory, you've
only needed one such label in the past few months.

Bear in mind, "on-topic" is Bible, general faith issues untinged by
politics, and just about any Open Source computer chatter, or plain
hardware issues. However, just about any technology discussion will
pass. Most of the time the [OT] label has been used for personal advice
discussions, but we've been quite flexible on that. How do you draw a
clear line between faith and seeking advice here?

Take this with a grain of salt, since there are three other moderators,
plus the owner. It's no secret I'm currently the most active moderator
for this list, but that's simply a matter of my having more free time.
I'm hardly without flaws.

--
Ed Hurst