[CS-FSLUG] First message...

Ed Hurst ehurst at asisaid.com
Mon Sep 18 09:55:55 CDT 2006

Chad Fluegge wrote:

> I've been monkeying with Linux for awhile now, and just recently made the
> complete switch over to Ubuntu from WinXp. I'm liking it so far, except for
> a couple of things. I can't get my CDRW to write MP3 cds using K3B, it keeps
> telling me that there is nothing in the drive.

Aside from comments made by others, I note this may take a bit of work.
If K3B doesn't see the media, it's most likely a flaw in K3b, or it may
be your system isn't recognizing your CD-RW correctly.

> Also, I'd like to be able to play Call of Duty via WINE, but I can't get
> past the part of switching cds. I have successfully ejected the cd using via
> the terminal, but when I put the second cd in nothing happens. Even after
> mounting, unmounting, and remounting; still nada.

With this, I am suspicious it's the latter -- the system isn't
interacting properly with your CD. However, it's possible WINE isn't up
to handling the task of multi-CD applications.

What make and model of CD-RW do you have? Could you tell us what 'dmesg'
says about it?

--
Ed Hurst