[CS-FSLUG] [Ichthux] Loaded Ichthux!

edoc7 edoc7 at verizon.net
Wed Sep 13 11:38:17 CDT 2006

>> The dvd software issue will be a draw back for users. The app is there
>> but
>>> when you select it you get an error window with several statements
>>> refering
>>> to xine.
>>

>> Encrypted DVDs is really a big problem for all Linux distros. However,
>> the
>> law is what it is, and I'm sorry I'll just encourage people to not buy
>> DVDs
>> that are outrageously protected with DRM and such other protections.

If there were not so many thieves there would be
fewer needs for protections.

Sadly enough many of the thieves are churches and
church members who steal software and music in
direct violation of the contract they agreed to
at the time or purchase, or they steal via download
sites and links they know to be illegal.

It seems odd that humans in the software and music
and movie/video professions are expected to be denied
compensation for their labors.  That is in direct
contradiction to Biblical teaching.

Linux folks who claim the name of Christ need to stop
whining about the laws of "Rome" and "Render unto Caesar
that which belongs to Caesar, and to God that which
belongs to God."

Sigh.  doc