[CS-FSLUG] Linux distributions

Micah Yoder yoderm at gmail.com
Thu Nov 30 16:11:18 CST 2006

Hi Nathan,

If you're OK with a little adventure, I really recommend Gentoo.  It
takes a little doing (and waiting ....) to get going, but you learn a
lot and it's a fairly solid system.  I've been using it at home for 3
years now.

Its documentation is excellent (probably the best available for any
Linux distro) and its forums are a great source of help.

Of course, it might be good to try to solve your network share problem
in Kubuntu.  Because [K]Ubuntu really is one of the best supported
distros these days.  If it doesn't work there, would it work anywhere?