[CS-FSLUG] Graphic Card Preferences

John Mark Clayton clayton256 at gmail.com
Tue Nov 7 17:15:38 CST 2006

On 11/7/06, Micah Yoder <yoderm at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 11/7/06, John Mark Clayton <clayton256 at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > This thread has been interesting to read.  I want to buy a new box soon
> and
> > will
> > be using this information.
> > What about soundcards?  They seems to have as many issues as video
> cards.
> > What cards have people had good results?  I stuck with the SB cards, but
> my
> > ISA card is no longer supported in Ubuntu.
>
> Actually I think a good majority of soundcards are supported with Free
> drivers.  Maybe not with 100% functionality, but close enough for most
> people.  Lucky I found this page recently!
>
> http://www.alsa-project.org/alsa-doc/
>
> Good overview of soundcard support in ALSA with Free drivers.

I found this site when I was trying to get my SB card working after
upgrading
to Xubuntu.  I wish I hadn't messed with the box because the card worked
find under an old RedHat.  Oh well...

It seemed to me that a lot of the cards listed are no longer available.
I'll look
it over again though.

Thanks,
Mark