[CS-FSLUG] [OT] Re: Seeking opinions

Nathan T. celerate at gmail.com
Sun May 21 00:21:09 CDT 2006

Hello again

I'm considering U of S (University of Saskatchewan, Saskatoon) as an
option. Most of my friends from P.A are going there and it would
probably be the best match to the majority of my recent education
excluding what I've gotten since we've moved to Yellowknife. The
university of Saskatchewan has a co-op program, I haven't looked into
what that is yet but I imagine it's one of those ones where you spend
some time learning, and some time working for a company as part of
your education.

My guidance counsellor at school has gone beyond the call of duty to
help me by finding information on Universities, he has also suggested
the University of Waterloo, which as I recall once attracted Microsoft
as a good place to go fishing for fresh blood.

After high school I'm going to nag my parents into getting me a grade
12 home schooling math text book, they already have the connections. I
do believe I need this because I haven't gotten a complete grade 12
math due to the move and the difference in the curriculum here, and
I've had particular difficulty in my Calculus class because the
teacher doesn't do much teaching and without all the prerequisite math
I'm finding it very difficult to move ahead with such an uninformative
text book as the one we're using.

If I'm not mistaken the video "Sorting out sorting" which compared
different sorting algorithms was done either by or for the University
of Waterloo, this is just something I read in a comment though and I
don't know how true it is. From what I'm hearing Waterloo is the place
to go if I want companies to want me, but U of S will have some
familiar faces. A computer science degree won't do me any good unless
it means I'll be employable by some big companies if I so choose, but
I know I'll be able to count on my friends' help if I go to U of S. Is
one a better choice than the other?