[CS-FSLUG] New Ministry Opportunity?

Ed Hurst ehurst at asisaid.com
Sun May 14 21:07:43 CDT 2006

Happy Mother's Day, folks!

Pray with me. None of this is solid yet, so it needs prayer before it
even gets started.

I mentioned last year a possible donated 64-bit server box. Then I moved
and lost contact with the donor. He didn't forget. Now, it appears I'm
but a week or two from receiving this thing. I'm offering it to my
church. That's because we have a T-1 line coming in, but for some reason
the web and mail server have been farmed out. My intent is to install
and setup CentOS 4 on this box, then learn all I can to volunteer as the
admin of the box.

At least some of the senior staff are in favor of this move to in-house
service. The current arrangement lacks reliability. While it's quite
possible I am wholly deluded, this is my vision for future ministry.

--
Ed Hurst