[CS-FSLUG] Seeking opinions

Ritchie, Josiah S. jritchie at bible.edu
Fri May 12 09:36:51 CDT 2006

Thanks. :-) I'm looking forward to what you end up with and hearing
about what you are learning. Sounds like you've found some good options
and are really digging into what they have and don't have that apply to
what you want.

How often would you be traveling back and forth between home and school?
You might find it less of a factor than you think it is and if you can
do it on a train or something, that's great time to catch up on homework
or reading. It can also be a good opportunity to share your faith.

You're smart and dedicated to your class work. Don't let Calculus bother
you. They probably have an entrance exam that would identify if they
think your high school didn't equip you for this level and would require
some remedial level of classes to build your skill. If you're concerned
with that sort of thing, the admissions people can probably find someone
to talk with you about what this really means.

Your ability to ask questions is a great asset to you.

Perhaps another thing to keep in mind, most colleges (at least in the
US) will provide a job placement program where they will help you get
your first job. A university that teaches the skills reflected in your
interests will probably have more relationships with employers who value
those same skills and interests.

JSR/