[CS-FSLUG] A bit OT..maybe?

Tim Young Tim.Young at LightSys.org
Sat Jun 24 16:11:37 CDT 2006

When it flickers off, is it completely off?  Flatscreens have a
"backlight" thing that can go out on you.  If the connection to the
backlight breaks or is loose, it will cause it to be totally black.

I am assuming that, if you plug a normal monitor in that it works
(making sure that the video card, etc., is all fine.)

Does the screen have a "connection indicator?" (many power lights will
tell you if a computer is plugged into it.  For example, the monitor may
switch into a power-saving mode if there is no computer attached to
it.)  What is that light telling you?  Is there any power?  Is there any
computer signal?

    - Tim Young