[CS-FSLUG] A bit OT..maybe?

Jim Isbell, W5JAI jim.isbell at gmail.com
Sat Jun 24 15:41:26 CDT 2006

Thanks for the suggestions.  I tried the plug to no avail.  As to
interference my only datapoint there is that the 15" Dell flat screen
works perfectly in the same position.  Do you have any idea how to
check for interferance other than substitution?

On 6/24/06, veritosproject at gmail.com <veritosproject at gmail.com> wrote:
> Other thoughts as I read your post include interference and not having
> the plug in tightly enough.  Check both of those too.
>
> On Sat, 2006-06-24 at 15:19 -0500, Jim Isbell, W5JAI wrote:
> > This is hardware so its a bit off topic.  But, I need advice on
> > sources of information.  I have a Gateway 17" flat screen monitor that
> > was given to me.  It ALMOST works.  That is to say that it flickers in
> > and out of operation.  I suspect a power supply problem as the screen
> > looks fine for a split second or so then goes blank.  Typing something
> > into the keyboard...anything...may make it flicker on again for a
> > second...etc.  Its as though the power supply is marginal and other
> > activity on the computer will pull it down enough to extinguish the
> > screen.
> >
> > I suppose the power supply is built into the area behind the screen
> > but I have not taken it apart to look at it.  Wanted to wait until I
> > had some information to work from.
> >
> > Does anybody have a source for schematics for the Gateway FPD-1838
>
> --
> veritosproject at gmail.com
> "Is it some deep psychological change that caused you to flip from stick
> pretzels to square pretzels?"

Jim Isbell
you are just taking up too much space."