[CS-FSLUG] Putting Linux on a Sony Viao

Jim Isbell, W5JAI jim.isbell at gmail.com
Fri Jun 16 18:52:54 CDT 2006

I have an older SOny Vaio and find that after XP in installed the
whole 5.5Gig HD is full with nothing else on it.  It took me several
months to figure out how to get XP on the thing because of all the
proprietary software that Sony filled it up with so I am sure alot of
that space is Sonys software that I cannot see.

So I would like to clean the disk to bare and install linux but I am
afraid the Vaio my not run without all the Sony software on it.

Or in the alternative. get all the Sony software off it so that I have
only XP on it.

Any suggestions??

--
Jim Isbell