[CS-FSLUG] Open Source Theology

Don Parris parrisdc at gmail.com
Wed Jun 14 20:08:08 CDT 2006

On 6/14/06, dmc <edoc7 at verizon.net> wrote:

> > I really appreciate the input everyone is offering. I just have not had
> > time to investigate the emerging church movement.  It's funny.  Even
> > though I am ordained as a Baptist minister, I find myself - partly due
> > to my varied experience - using a somewhat mixed theology.  Our house
> > church ministry has been largely born out of my experience and studies.
>
> The problem with much of the emergent church
> "mixed theology" is that some of it is badly
> "mixed up" with extra-Biblical sources.
>
> I am guessing that you do not wish to be
> associated with that.
>
> I am the last person anyone would accuse of
> being a traditionalist but pray that I would
> be accused of being intentionally Biblical.

I do hope to be accused of the same!  I do not rely too much on
extra-Biblical sources.  While I definitely use study aids in my
preparation, I am afraid I don't accept non-Cannonical materials as a
primary source for my growth.  I might read the Gospel of Thomas, to know
what it says or something.  I just couldn't cannonize it.

Don