[CS-FSLUG] Open Source Theology

Don Parris dcparris at carolina.rr.com
Wed Jun 14 12:23:31 CDT 2006

On Wed, 2006-06-14 at 11:59 -0500, Ed Hurst wrote:
> Don Parris wrote:
>
> >> I do not have the time, at the moment, to present
> >> a point-by-point critique.
> >
> > I really appreciate the input everyone is offering. I just have not had
> > time to investigate the emerging church movement.  It's funny.  Even
> > though I am ordained as a Baptist minister, I find myself - partly due
> > to my varied experience - using a somewhat mixed theology.  Our house
> > church ministry has been largely born out of my experience and studies.
>
> Oh, the irony! Don, what you describe overlaps a great deal with the
> Emergent Church methods.

Emergent and don't know it.  Wow. :-)  You know, the Disciples of Christ
have an "open" theology - "no creed but Christ" and all that (bit more
complext, but...).  If you take their approach to individual maturity
and general church polity, and combine it with a cell-based approach to
church growth you have a rough idea of where I stand.  Or, that's the
way I see things.  If that's "emergent" then hey...

Don