[CS-FSLUG] Open Source Theology

Ritchie, Josiah S. jritchie at bible.edu
Wed Jun 14 12:14:26 CDT 2006

> In considering the emergent church movement proposals
> I find some things with which I agree and some with
> which I do not -- mostly from a clear Biblical perspective
> and some from psychological/sociological and strategic
> perspectives.
>
> It is also interesting that many in the emergent church
> movement are as unteachable as those from whom they
> wish to differentiate.

I'm beginning to wonder if that isn't true of the vast majority of
"movements". Still, it does seem to be particularly harmful to a
movement who values the "continual re-examination of theology" and
authenticity, but that can be overcome through the decentralization of
leadership that is also stated as a pillar, at least, according to
wikipedia.

JSR/