[CS-FSLUG] Value in Joining the Emergent Discussion?

Ed Hurst ehurst at asisaid.com
Tue Jun 13 14:15:49 CDT 2006

Ritchie, Josiah S. wrote:

> Ed, you bring up a good point on the traditions stuff. Do you have
> stored among your tombs of wisdom, an article that intelligently
> addresses this? I'm thinking about seeing if the library has D.A.
> Carsons book, "Becoming Conversant with the Emerging Church".

I've seen some of Carson's work, and like it so far. I haven't bought
books over the past few years, simply because I can't afford very many.
I also have access to only rather poor libraries right now. So, I read a
lot of stuff buried in the corners of the Net, and there are whole books
out there. However, my comments arise from reading so very much and
living long enough to begin making sense of it all. I'd say my reading
emphasis has been in this order: Bible, Bible History, Theology, Church
History, (secular) History, other Social Sciences, and Philosophy. Most
of the articles I right myself tend to flow from scratching an itch --
mine or someone else's. My best work, I believe, is the collaboration of
answering really great questions others ask.

I can't give you a list links, because I'm too eclectic. I have an odd
mixture of stuff which really helped me archived in text or simplified
HTML, which turned out to be a good thing, since two really great sites
disappeared awhile back, taking their archives with them. Very little of
it addresses your specific question.

Of course, we can't forget the OS stuff I read, but that generally
doesn't apply to the current discussion.

--
Ed Hurst