[CS-FSLUG] webservers

David Aikema david at aikema.net
Mon Feb 20 20:54:59 CST 2006

On 2/19/06, David McGlone <dmcglone at sbcglobal.net> wrote:
> So for now I will just have to wait till I can get a static IP and a package
> from my ISP that will allow me to run a server.

You could also google for "virtual dedicated server" or "virtual
personal server", and see what you can come up with (if you're looking
for a lot of people in the webhosting business try WebHostingTalk.com
- at least it used to be good, although I haven't been in some time as
I haven't been in the market).  With something like that you could
still play around with administation, but not have to worry about
dealing with your ISP or using up the relatively limited bandwidth of
your home connection.

Dave