[CS-FSLUG] Heading towards a brick wall.

Robert W. robertwo at insightbb.com
Sun Feb 19 10:41:30 CST 2006

On Sat, 18 Feb 2006 15:48:48 -0600 Timothy Butler <tbutler at ofb.biz>
wrote:
> By the way, Nathan, you almost certainly *will* change your mind
> about what you are going to do. Maybe you'll just finally see how to
> do what you really want to do. I went into college planning to be
> there for as little time as possible and come out with a "practical,"
> vocational technology focused degree. I changed directions, realized
> it was time to go where God had been leading me all along, and I'm
> now about to finish up an "impractical" degree before going on to
> further education. Even the unreachable will become reachable if you
> set your mind to figuring out how and God wants you there.
[snip]

I'll throw my two cents in Nathan. I think the best thing you can do now
is pray. That sounds trite. But I mean it in all seriousness. God called
Abraham (then Abram) 25 years before Issac was born. Think of all the
stories about Abraham that happened before Issac. And how they shaped
the Jewish culture and our own understanding of God.

I often take comfort in the fact that God works His plan in spite of me
(and my sins). He knows where your life is going. It's very frightening
to give up the illusion of control. I personally feel safer after
talking with the One who's really running my life.

--
Robert W.
robertwo at insightbb.com

And the LORD said... "I will have mercy on whom I have mercy, and I
will have compassion on whom I will have compassion." -- Exodus 33:19b