[CS-FSLUG] Heading towards a brick wall.

Timothy Butler tbutler at ofb.biz
Sat Feb 18 15:48:48 CST 2006

By the way, Nathan, you almost certainly *will* change your mind
about what you are going to do. Maybe you'll just finally see how to
do what you really want to do. I went into college planning to be
there for as little time as possible and come out with a "practical,"
vocational technology focused degree. I changed directions, realized
it was time to go where God had been leading me all along, and I'm
now about to finish up an "impractical" degree before going on to
further education. Even the unreachable will become reachable if you
set your mind to figuring out how and God wants you there.

If all goes well, I'll spend the rest of my life in academia. I hope
in three to five years to be making the transition from student to
professor. Had I worried too much before entering college and fixed
myself on one track, I'd be stuck in I.T., which is an anathema to
me. Mash has good advice though, don't plan so big as to make things
seem impossible; whenever I do that, I just take a deep breath, look
at what I need to do next, and then do it. It'll all work out.

The big thing, though is to take action of some sort now. You can
always change course, but first you need to pick a path to start on.

	-Tim

---
Timothy R. Butler | "Not  every end  is the  goal.  The end  of a
Editor, OfB.biz   | melody is not its goal,  and yet if  a melody
tbutler at ofb.biz   | has not  reached its end , it has not reached
timothybutler.us  | its goal."
                                            -- Friedrich Nietzsche