[CS-FSLUG] Heading towards a brick wall.

Michael Bradley, Jr. michaelsbradleyjr at gmail.com
Sat Feb 18 15:09:41 CST 2006

On 2/18/06, Nathan T. <celerate at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi list people
>
> I've brought this up before and I'm at it again...
>
> I frequently get this sense of panic over what I'm going to do when I
> graduate from high school, everyone says take it one day at a time but
> I don't know what I'm going to do ...

Don't be afraid nor forget to discern a vocation in which you are wholly
consecrated to God, dedicated to pefection in the evangelical virtues of
poverty, chastity, and, obedience.  This could be what Christ wants for
you.  :-)

See:

         Institute on Religious Life
         http://www.religiouslife.com/

         Where is God Calling you?
         http://religiouslife.com/vocsearch/

Also, I've shared the following book with a number of young men, and they've
all found it helpful:

         Life Work:
         by Rick Sarkisian

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/089870636X/sr=8-1/qid=1140296548/ref=pd_bbs_1/103-6346726-5513403?%5Fencoding=UTF8

[Jesus] said to them, "Not all men can receive this saying, but only those
to whom it is given. For there are eunuchs who have been so from birth, and
there are eunuchs who have been made eunuchs by men, and there are eunuchs
who have made themselves eunuchs for the sake of the kingdom of heaven. He
who is able to receive this, let him receive it." ... "If you would be
perfect, go, sell what you possess and give to the poor, and you will have
treasure in heaven; and come, follow me." ... "And every one who has left
houses or brothers or sisters or father or mother or children or lands, for
my name's sake, will receive a hundredfold, and inherit eternal life." (cf.
Matthew 19:11-12,21,29)

Nathan, I will keep you in my prayers.

In Christ,

Michael Bradley, Jr.

--
Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life . . ." (John 14:6)

My home on the Net ::
   http://www.michaelsbradleyjr.net/

IC XC NIKA