[CS-FSLUG] Heading towards a brick wall.

'Mash re.mash at gmail.com
Sat Feb 18 08:34:03 CST 2006

On 2/18/06, Nathan T. <celerate at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi list people
>
> I've brought this up before and I'm at it again...

Nathan,

You are possibly doing the worst thing right now.
I truly mean that. It is very easy to focus on everything you don't
have and spiral into what my friend calls "a pity party."

Coming from some one who has not to long ago had to face the same
issues, you have to hang in there. Sit down with your folks and talk
about what the options are for you. MAIN THING, don't plan so big.
What I mean is DONT think about the job you would like
to be doing ideally, think about doing a job, and something that will
give you experience, confidence. It does not even matter if its
packing bags at the Super Market.
I talk to a lot of people of have just got out of school and they all moan about
how they can't get into a PR role in MTV and I just stare at them.
Mostly my answer is;
"Hang on there, didn't you just step out of a womb like 18 years ago ?

It's not terrible to not have a clue about what you hope to be doing
in your 40's. I know 35 year olds who still don't. Aim for a level of
experience and confidence and through doing any work you will start to
see where your interests lie. Humility is the key here.

Regarding money, this I have no idea what to say about as I still
don't understand how it works, or works out. What is incredible though
is tithing. Don't even want to try an understand what happens in the
supernatural but if you are faithfull, God is more faithfull in
return.

Budget and make money goals. Also stop buying takeaway and you will
save loads. :)

These years are the best and the worst. Best because you have all the
freedom in the world. Worst because everything thing you do from now
on builds on who you are and
who you will become. I know a lot or pretty rubbishy people who's
greatest talent is being able to spend every penny of what is given to
them. Also have the wisdom of a Budweiser commercial.

Like I said before the first time you emailed a few months ago.
Seek God, ask him kick you in the ass when you following the wrong idea, and
shout at you when you following the right one.

Life is going to be pretty tough but the harder it is the better you
will become.

'Mash