[CS-FSLUG] hyperterm replacement?

Ciaran Hamilton cs-fslug at theblob.org
Wed Feb 15 09:01:51 CST 2006

On Wed, February 15, 2006 1:02 pm, Wade A Smith said:
> What is the Linux replacement to MonkeySoft's Hyperterm?
> I have two serial ports I need to use to talk to two serial interfaces.
> All communication for this project are ASCII, but I also have some
> projects that take binary (and MSHyperTerm is totally useless for THAT).

As Josiah said, minicom is probably the most popular serial communication
program out there. It's a console program, though. If you want a graphical
program then CuteCom ( http://cutecom.sourceforge.net/ ) is written with
Qt and looks like it should be good. I ought to play with it myself,
actually. minicom can be a pain to set up.

 - Ciaran.