[CS-FSLUG] hyperterm replacement?

Wade A Smith warm38 at juno.com
Wed Feb 15 07:02:47 CST 2006

What is the Linux replacement to MonkeySoft's Hyperterm?
I have two serial ports I need to use to talk to two serial interfaces.
All communication for this project are ASCII, but I also have some
projects that take binary (and MSHyperTerm is totally useless for THAT).

Many moons ago I used to use xterm and somehow I connected it to the
serial port.  Unfortunately, I've slept since then and I've forgotten how
to do that... whatever is was I'm talking about...now... what was I
doing?

A waist is a terrible thing to mind.  Or is that, "a mind is a terrible
thing to waist"?

wade