[CS-FSLUG] End of the Net Story

Christopher Rose kf6snj at lycos.com
Sat Feb 4 23:17:04 CST 2006

As a "ham" operator, the theory sounds good to me. It sounds quite similiar to what is called packet radio and really shouldn't be too hard to facilitate. The only real problem that I can see is getting this past the FCC. We need to bear in mind that there are numerous frequency allocations within the electromagnetic sprectrum that comprises radio. Frequently the 27 & 49 Mhz bands are reserved for "walkie-talkies" and radio controlled vehicles. I have seen cordless telephones that operate on the 900 Mhz and 1.2 and 2.4 Ghz frequencies. I don't know what frequency is used for cellular phones and pagers. CB radio is allocated to a small splice of the sprectrum that was once refered to as the 11-Meter band (Amateur radio 10-meter is so close in frequency that it is possible to tweak a CB to recieve and transmit on 10). I think that if we can find a way to get around the radio frequency hurdle, it may be possible to begin rewriting the internet as a wireless communications grid in which each and every website could be stored on a server located at the local level. It would just be a matter of setting up restrictions with regards to what can and can not be accessed and by whom at each server (not too different from file permissions).

Thats just my thought on the idea.

Christopher Rose