[CS-FSLUG] End of the Net Story

Nathan T. celerate at gmail.com
Sat Feb 4 21:16:08 CST 2006

I have to ask Ed, how hard would it be to put together a community
owned connection of wireless routers? Are you familiar with Ham radio,
what I'm suggesting could be like a repeater system of wireless
routers?

I'd actually like to know how this could be done, being able to set up
wireless networks in community pockets seems like a good way to ensure
that people will for a while yet still be able to set up communication
networks that aren't controlled by companies.

Could several routers be connected together to make one bit network
where people linked to one router can talk to people on another? I
really haven't experimented enough with this stuff :-)