[CS-FSLUG] Geeky Prayer Prompters

Ritchie, Josiah S. jritchie at bible.edu
Tue Apr 25 12:42:11 CDT 2006

So we all have a bit of geek in our blood and a bit of Christ in our
hearts. Here's a topic that should be of interest.

What is the most elegant geek way you can think of to send yourself
reminders to pray for certain items on a regular basis?

As an example: I'm about to have a kid (due June 5th). Let's assume that
I'd like to pray daily for this child at some point in the hour the
child was born. So if he/she is born at 9am, I'd want a reminder at 9
wherever I am to pray. As I've been messing with Google Calendar's
ability to send SMS reminders, I could setup a prayer calendar with a
recurring appointment. This would send me a reminder of the event to my
cell phone daily.

My Dad has setup appointments in Outlook that his PDA picks up and send
him reminders in the same way I did with Google Calendar.

What other ways could we prompt ourselves to pray using the geek tools
we enjoy?

JSR/