[CS-FSLUG] Seeking opinions

Stephen J. McCracken smccracken at hcjb.org.ec
Tue Apr 18 10:36:01 CDT 2006

>> - Being alone; I'll have services available at school, but what I need
>> are a few close friends I can trust. I don't have much in the way of
>> skill when it comes to making them in school, in two and half years in
>> Prince Albert I had several acquaintances, but only one friend I would
>> see outside of those four walls.
>
> You are not alone in that. Most students going to college have these
> feelings to one degree or another. Why do you think fraternities have a
> constant flow of people.

And one of the best places to meet people and make friends is the
Christian groups on campus.  As part of the investigation process of the
places you might attend, ask about what groups are on campus (Campus
Crusade, Navigators, InterVarsity, Bible Study Fellowship, etc.).  A
friend of mine always makes sure to make the campus visits with the
young people he's taking along on the days when they can visit those
groups to have a better feel for how the whole college life experience
might be.

sjm