[CS-FSLUG] timestamp, was Re: Fw: GM vs Microsoft

Alan Trick alantrick at gmail.com
Mon Apr 17 19:40:32 CDT 2006

In Gentoo, if there's not network available, and it thinks there is, it
will timeout (for something like 15 or 30 seconds) This has the effect
of causing everything to pause because sysvinit doesn't do things
asyncronosly (initng does though, it's very cool).

I don't know what the timeout is set for in SUSE, or where the init
config files are.

Alan Trick