[CS-FSLUG] timestamp, was Re: Fw: GM vs Microsoft

doc edoc7 at verizon.net
Mon Apr 17 10:33:41 CDT 2006

> BTW, these clock woes remind us that we are, somewhat like Windows, far
> from free from buggy behavior.  It's a bit like that story about who is
> to cast the first stone.  My Windows box set daylight saving time by
> itself a few days ago - had to do that manually in my Suse.
> Yama

Nothing is perfect in this fallen world, the
key difference, I believe is often in the motivation
of the individual.

At Microsoft the motivation has always been market
domination and profit.  They have repeatedly released
products they knew to be flawed yet marketed it as
"the best, etc."

MS frequently denies documented serious security
flaws and fails to resolve them for months -- in
order to avoid bad publicity one supposes.

Linux developers are mostly committed to excellence
and are embarrassed when flaws are discovered -- and
move immediately to resolve them.

Most Linux problems are chair-keyboard interface errors.

Most MS problems are caused by sloppy MS coding.

--
Respectfully ... dmc

Home page: http://bibleseven.com

Biblical Christianity is Jesus