[CS-FSLUG] TD: Gospel of Judas

Timothy Butler tbutler at ofb.biz
Wed Apr 12 20:52:57 CDT 2006

>> I've seen too
>> many people turned away from Jesus because of seminary.
>
> I've seen both ways: too many people turned away from Jesus, and a lot
> of people who enriched the faith of their community and themselves
> because of their Seminary education.

	Very true -- and I think another important point is that perhaps
those who turn away from faith while in seminary never really had
faith. If the illusion of faith they had hadn't been crushed by
seminary, something else probably would have done so. And, I would
tend to think it better to be without faith than to have an illusion
of faith that leads to naive comfort.

	-Tim

---
Timothy R. Butler | "Aim at heaven and you will get earth thrown in.
Editor, OfB.biz   |  Aim at earth and you get neither."
tbutler at ofb.biz   |                                   -- C.S. Lewis
timothybutler.us  |