[CS-FSLUG] TD: Gospel of Judas

Eduardo Sanchez lists at sombragris.org
Tue Apr 11 12:00:07 CDT 2006

Hi Brian! I'm going to comment on what you've said:

On Sunday 09 April 2006 12.42, Brian Derr wrote:
> On Sat, 2006-04-08 at 21:58 -0800, Christopher Rose wrote:
> [...]
>
> > Then again, what do I know? I haven't started seminary....yet!
>
> Seminary is not the way to attain knowledge of Jesus.

Of course.

> I've seen too
> many people turned away from Jesus because of seminary.

I've seen both ways: too many people turned away from Jesus, and a lot
of people who enriched the faith of their community and themselves
because of their Seminary education.

> I would much
> rather be a "layman" who knows Jesus than a "priest" or "scholar"
> that wonders if He is real.

Of course. But I don't think this should be taken as an ironclad
alternative.

> Something to think about before plunging
> into seminary: Jesus wants workers, not theologians.

A theologian _is_ a worker, too. The church needs theologians today, and
perhaps more than ever.Theologians commited to the Word of God that has
been revealed without admixture of error, and yet fully in touch with
current trends and news, and with their community's needs and worries.
We need people able to apply the revealed and inerrant Word of God to
our world in a responsible, yet uncompromising, way.

Blessings,

Eduardo

--
Prof. Eduardo Sanchez