[CS-FSLUG] Any thoughts on Ubuntu Linux?

Michael Bradley, Jr. michaelsbradleyjr at mac.com
Thu Sep 29 17:13:50 CDT 2005

                                                             JMJ + OBT

I downloaded an Ubuntu Linux Live/Installer DVD ISO, played with it
on a friend's laptop, and then installed it for her as she was
looking for an alternative to re-installing the copies of Win2k and
MS Office 2k that she (legally) owns.

It's an older laptop, IBM ThinkPad T20, 700MHz P3, 256MB RAM; it has
a new harddrive, though -- an hd crash necessitated buying a new,
better hd . . . The system as a whole seems to run pretty well, and
is *much* more responsive than the Win2k/Office2k combo.

Anyway, I was wondering if any of the list-members would like to
comment on the Ubuntu distribution? Do you recommend it? Any gripes
or praise to offer?

In the Hearts of Jesus and Mary,

Michael Bradley, Jr.

--
[Jesus said] Tell aching mankind to snuggle close
to My merciful Heart, and I will fill it with peace.

My home on the Net ::
    http://homepage.mac.com/michaelsbradleyjr/

IC XC NIKA