[CS-FSLUG] Canada must be hackerland

David Aikema daikema at gmail.com
Mon Sep 12 16:17:22 CDT 2005

On 9/12/05, Chris Brault <groundhog3000 at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Idiocy #1: When the Quebec police were contacted, they
> responded that they don't handle internet financial
> crimes.

There are multiple policing organizations in Canada.  The article
refers to the "Royal Canadian Mounted Police in Quebec", but this is
distinct from Quebec's provincial police - the Sûreté du Québec, I
think.  It sounded like that provincial police force would be
investigating from what I read in the article.

Consider it analogous to the difference between the FBI, the state
patrol, and whatever other police forces that might operate in your
area.  (That said, I'm a little surprised that such a category of
crime didn't fall into the RCMP's jurisdiction).

David