[CS-FSLUG] Quick Review: CentOS 4.1

Ed Hurst ehurst at asisaid.com
Sat Sep 10 16:45:34 CDT 2005

Timothy Butler wrote:
> Hey Ed,
>      If you are looking for a more desktop oriented system, but like
> what you are seeing in CentOS... give Fedora Core a try. I never
> thought I'd talk you into trying out RH-based distros, but now that
> you have... :-)
>
>      I think you'd find FC much like CentOS with a bit more of a
> desktop-oriented perspective.

Moral issue: On my blog I vowed never to touch the actual product from
the RedHat company post-9.x. By using Fedora, I am lending support to a
corporation that left support contract holders in the lurch. I expect as
much from the likes of MS, but hold Open Source companies to a higher
standard. CentOS offers support for free.

--
Ed Hurst