[CS-FSLUG] Perils of Helping

'mash re.mash at gmail.com
Thu Nov 17 13:00:40 CST 2005

On 11/17/05, Ed Hurst <ehurst at asisaid.com> wrote:
> Sometimes, those of us called to help others find ourselves bumping into
> this. In my own helps ministry, I often find people willing to discuss
> their troubles, but completely uninterested in fixing them. The market
> for what I do is far smaller than one might think, given what we all
> hear every day.

I know that full well, even in non technical spheres.

I have recently really started to take control of my health, my work situation
and my attitude towards everyday things like media. What I watch, what I don't.
I am surrounded by a bunch of people who are always complaining about their
health, even though that get drunk every weekend. People complaining about
their jobs, so find a new one, and complaining about there lack of
relationships,
when they own a bottom drawer full of pornography!

People like to have something to moan about, it draws them together.
If you say, "well do something about it!" They ignore you because it means
they may just lose there excuses and their chance for a good old moan.

Sad, so sad.

'Mash