[CS-FSLUG] NI: High-tech "Nazareth Project" uniting Christians, Jews, and Muslims

dmc edoc7 at verizon.net
Thu Nov 10 12:20:03 CST 2005

I sympathize with their dreams and celebrate with heaven
every true conversion to Christianity.

I have no idea if the conversion from some level of
association with one religion to another is a true
movement toward saving faith or merely a change of
associations.

My previous point was that nothing is going to move
the leaders and rabid followers of radical Islam
away from their hate-driven perspectives and they
are the real power in Islam today.

They will gleefully murder and enslave Catholic,
orthodox, evangelical, and syncretic muslim-catholic
believers, Mary or no Mary.

I still believe that we are missing the critical point.
The growth in Islam is on the radical side and they
are the power players.  They are killing other Muslims
over differences in theology much like the old Catholic,
Orthodox, Protestant wars, except even more vicious and
more genocidal.

I would be pleased but surprised to see solid research
that shows conversions from Islam to the Roman Catholic
and Orthodox churches outstripping the opposite or even
replacing the loss of membership in those religious
organizations together with that of mainline protestant
religious organizations (Anglican, Episcopal, Lutheran).

The reality on the ground is that Islam is growing like
crazy and much of Christendom has stagnated, other than
Assemblies of God and independent pentecostalism in the
southern tier of the world. (A good source for this is
the book "The New Christendom".)

Growth through sycretism does not count as Christian
growth as the Bible is sold out there.  Growth through
church membership doesn't count either.  There are
plenty of unsaved people claiming membership in Catholic,
Baptist, Orthodox, Protestant, Anglican, Assemblies of
God, and other religious organizations.

My point is that we are in the later days of a titanic
spiritual struggle that is minimally apparent in the
visible world.

I worry for the future as we seem to spend more time
in minutae and less in preparing our people for the
spiritual-war tsunami that will soon smash the world
in the visible.

IMHO, YMMV ... doc

--
Respectfully,