[CS-FSLUG] KJV Bible - Crown Copyright in UK

Michael Bradley, Jr. michaelsbradleyjr at gmail.com
Wed Nov 9 14:58:22 CST 2005

On 11/9/05, Frank Bax <fbax at sympatico.ca> wrote:

> I would certainly call it non-free - there are only four publishers
> allowed to print it...

http://members.aol.com/pilgrimpub/kjvcopy.htm

To the present day the KJV is published in England under copyright.

The Douay-Rheims (Challoner revision) English-translation of the Scriptures
if free of copyrights, and the entire text is available on a number of
websites; here's one:

http://www.gutenberg.org/etext/8300

The style of English will seem familiar to readers and fans of the KJV (as
it came out of the same period), though in places it bears a number of
"Latinisms" that, in all truthfulness, are today as unfamiliar to most
Catholics as they are to most Protestants. Even so, it is a good, literal,
and *free* translation.

In the Hearts of Jesus and Mary,

Michael Bradley, Jr.

--
[Jesus said] Tell aching mankind to snuggle close
to My merciful Heart, and I will fill it with peace.

My home on the Net ::
http://www.michaelsbradleyjr.net/

IC XC NIKA