[CS-FSLUG] Firewall query

Ed Hurst ehurst at asisaid.com
Tue Nov 1 22:20:22 CST 2005

Nathan T. wrote:
> Would she be interested in a GMail invitation?
>
> I stopped using Yahoo quite a while ago, GMail is, quite frankly, much
> better :-)

She had one before I did. I still have 100 invitations I can give away
on mine. She uses the old Yahoo account because it's her anonymous drop
box for sites she has to deal with on ancestry research. Too many of
them share their info with 3rd party marketers. Yahoo is just about the
best insulation she can get for such things. Also, she has been using it
for quite a few places and would rather not have to go back and update
her profile all over the place.

Besides, the Sygate firewall seems to be blocking cookies randomly,
because she can't log into some other sites, as well.

--
Ed Hurst