[CS-FSLUG] Firewall query OR Switching Your Better Half to Linux

Ed Hurst ehurst at asisaid.com
Tue Nov 1 10:58:41 CST 2005

Ritchie, Josiah S. wrote:
> I was still a newly wed when I convinced my wife to switch, but my wife
> has become quite happy with Linux. Really, she took to it well. Most of
> the stigma that it wouldn't work was a result of me playing with things
> all the time. I've stopped messing around too much on the main computer
> and it stabilized significantly.

This may be the primary factor behind her reluctance. If were to settle
down and stay with one installed OS for an extended period, she might be
more open to it. But it's so much fun!

Oh BTW, I'm writing this from SUSE 9.3 on a spare harddrive running in
my FreeBSD box. Too bad SUSE left out the kernel drivers for reading
UFS2; I'd be able to mount the BSD drive and copy over the configs. It's
when I mention to her such imperfections she rejoices in staying with
Windows. *sigh*

--
Ed Hurst