[CS-FSLUG] To God be the Glory (re: Do Ex-Gays Exist?)

Chris Brault groundhog3000 at yahoo.com
Wed May 18 20:48:22 CDT 2005

Indeed,

> What you read into that makes a big difference.

Some can take the fact that some men are more
sensitive than others and turn it into a magical "gay"
gene, even though only about 1/3 of gay men have it.
Plus, the odds are not significantly improved than
someone will become a homosexual if they are born
sensitive (although men who are easily emotionally
hurt or in deep emotional need are more likely to
embrase other men for support. I mean, women aren't
exactly throwing themselves at teenage boys,
especially emotional ones.)

I say we blame homosexual men on women :P

> > They are fulfilling an emotional need, not
> > primarily a sexual one (although I'm sure
> > many are as is true in the heterosexual world).
>
> True. From my own experience with working amongst
> homosexual quite a lot of that need appears to be
> bizarre power games. Every homosexual that I've
> got to know well has had major emotional issues (not
> just the occasional episode of sadness, but a
> pervasive underlying emotional disquiet), which
> could lead to more brain cells being assigned to
> work on that area of their life.

Not exactly, unless the emotional issues happened when
they were real young. And yes, most homosexual people
are lonley people ... angry people ... sad people ...
clinging to someone else rather than God. Of course,
there are those homosexuals who pretend that they
don't care ("I'm just fine"). They hide behind their
own busy lives or their careers or anything that can
consume them. Non-homosexuals do the same thing when
they (we) want to hide from their (our) problems. So a
sinner is a sinner is a sinner.