[CS-FSLUG] The new iMac G5. Now shipping with Tiger.

Timothy Butler tbutler at ofb.biz
Tue May 17 18:37:11 CDT 2005

> If you want to have the look and feel of Aqua for KDE: There's Baghira
> (a style that is a Aqua clone) and several kicker replacements.
> Kooldock is one of them. They are very good.

	I use to think that, too, Eduardo, until I actually used Aqua for
sometime. The surface look is very nice, but its the little things
beyond simple theming that I think make the real difference. Aqua not
only looks beautiful, but the special effects are used to make things
seem intuitive. For example, when a "drawer" (what Windows calls an
"exclusive dialog") shoots out of a window you know you must answer
that dialog before the program will continue working... on the other
hand, having simply another dialog come up, you don't know if it is
exclusive or non-exclusive. Dumb example, but the kind of things I
think make the environment pleasant.

	And then there is Expose...

	-Tim

---
Timothy R. Butler | "Turning and turning in the widening gyre
tbutler at ofb.biz   |  The falcon cannot hear the falconer;
timothybutler.us  |  Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold;
uninet.info       |  Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world..."
                                                 -- W. B. Yeats