[CS-FSLUG] OT: A Little Science Dispute

R. Thompson ron.t at sasktel.net
Thu Mar 24 23:36:20 CST 2005

Hi Ed,

   this has come up before on another list.  I hadn't checked out the
link, but I doubt it makes mention of this.

   During one of the lunar landing expeditions one of the tasks carried
out was to set up laser prisms.  These prisms were used by various
universities etc. in various locations to make accurate measurements of
the earth - moon distance.  What trickery would be used to set up these
prisms?  Also, I believe that there would have been non-government and
even private radio enthusiasts who would have been monitoring radio
communications.  Does this website addresses those problems?

        Ron T.

--
Ron G. Thompson, |^|
Prince Albert, Saskatchewan, Canada
www.petomai.org   ron at petomai.org
"Who are these that fly as a cloud, and as doves to their window?" Is
60:8