[CS-FSLUG] Adobe Reader 7.0 for Linux

Jukka jukka.ylonen at gmail.com
Thu Mar 17 20:55:12 CST 2005

On Thu, 17 Mar 2005 17:35:49 -0500, Fred A. Miller
<fmiller at lightlink.com> wrote:
> As root:  - Perform global installation:
>     This is used for installing the plugin for a specific browser
>     installation. If setup succeeds, then any user accessing that
>     browser will be able to view PDFs inside the browser itself.
>     This is done by copying the necessary files to the "plugins"
>     folder in the browser installation path. Please make sure the
>     user running the script has write permission to the location
>     where the browser is installed.
>
> This works for Firefox, but NO Konq.......Konq. sees the plugin, but won't
> work with it.
>
> Fred

Browser plugin howto tells:
"...It is compliant with the Netscape Gecko API and works with all browsers
which use the Gecko browser engine..."

I don't know if this is a workaround for you but I choosed to set
Konqueror to launch pdf's into a separate viewer (Settings > Configure
Konqueror > File associations > (pdf) > embedding > show file in
separate viewer). It works ok.

Blessings,
Jukka