[CS-FSLUG] Adobe Reader 7.0 for Linux

Fred A. Miller fmiller at lightlink.com
Thu Mar 17 16:35:49 CST 2005

On Thu March 17 2005 10:36 am, Jukka wrote:
> On Thu, 17 Mar 2005 09:50:17 -0500, Fred A. Miller
>
> <fmiller at lightlink.com> wrote:
> > Yes.....I thought the same thing. The only problem I have now, is that if
> > using Konq. as a file manager, and you click on a pdf file, there's an
> > error saying that there's no Netscape plugin. I'll go in and tell Konq.
> > to scan for plugins again and see if that fixes it.
> >
> > Fred
>
> These browser-plugin installation instructions were in (tar-ball's)
> Readme-file:
>
> "...Installion of the Browser plugin (not done by default):
> - To install the browser plugin, you would need to execute the script
> "<INSTALL_PATH>/Browser/install_browser_plugin". Before doing so,
> please go through "<INSTALL_PATH>/Browser/Browser_Plugin_HowTo.txt" for
> details."

As root:  - Perform global installation:
    This is used for installing the plugin for a specific browser
    installation. If setup succeeds, then any user accessing that
    browser will be able to view PDFs inside the browser itself.
    This is done by copying the necessary files to the "plugins"
    folder in the browser installation path. Please make sure the
    user running the script has write permission to the location
    where the browser is installed.

This works for Firefox, but NO Konq.......Konq. sees the plugin, but won't
work with it.

Fred

--
The only bug free software from MickySoft is still shrink-wrapped
in their warehouse..."