[CS-FSLUG] A moment of silence of the fallen

Ed Hurst ehurst at asisaid.com
Tue Mar 15 12:46:27 CST 2005

O, how the mighty have fallen!

Okay, maybe not so mighty. My poor laptop harddrive died this morning.
I thought I had scanned it well and marked all the bad sectors. I was
downloading some new apps, and when it began writing it froze the whole
system. Upon reboot, I got a massive pile of read errors. According to
FreeBSD diagnostics, that's a dying harddrive.

Thankfully, my desktop is still working (for now). It's the story of my
life. I laugh, shake my head and move on.

Ed Hurst