[CS-FSLUG] Petition for broadband

Ed Hurst ehurst at asisaid.com
Mon Jun 20 21:06:20 CDT 2005

I live out in the country. It's not all that remote, nor is the
population all that thinly scattered. I happen to know there is a
terminal box in our vicinity where the phone company brought in fiber
optic cables, but never connected anything to them. I am advised a
community petition might persuade the telco to lay the cables out here.

Had anyone seen this done? The telco owning the hardware is SBC. I'd
like to see a sample of a successful petition if I could. I'm quite
able to canvas the residents, and can probably convince most of them to
sign it.

Ed Hurst