[CS-FSLUG] HUMOR: For anyone in education and parents!

Frank Bax fbax at sympatico.ca
Fri Jun 10 09:31:04 CDT 2005

At 12:06 AM 6/10/05, Fred A. Miller wrote:

>After being interviewed by the school administration, the eager teaching
>prospect said:
>
>"Let me see if I've got this right . .
>You want me to go into that room with all those kids, and fill their every
>waking moment with a love for learning. And I'm supposed to instill a
>sense of pride in their ethnicity, modify their disruptive behavior,
>observe them for signs of abuse and even censor their T-shirt messages and
>dress habits.
>
>         [snip]
>
>You want me to do all of this and yet you expect me...... NOT TO PRAY???
>
>Rachael Underwood
>Southern Hills Career Center
>Academic Supervisor

You appear to be giving credit to Rachael for this quote, but when I
searched google with:
         "teaching prospect" "not to pray"
I could not find anything but "teacher unknown" and a search for
         "teaching prospect" "Rachael Underwood"
came up with no hits.

A search of "Rachael Underwood" "Southern Hills" found this note on a 9/11
site (her class signed a web-based "thank-you card"):

"Rachael Underwood & students at Southern Hills Career Center in
Georgetown, Ohio. Their courage has inspired all of us."