[CS-FSLUG] Recording church services

Nathan T. celerate at gmail.com
Sun Jul 31 18:59:30 CDT 2005

Our church uses tapes to record the services, I've always thought a
computer would work well for that task too but unless the computer
uses the hard drive to store the audio files as they are being
recorded I think you'd need a lot of ram. Using tapes is a bad system
in my opinion because half way through the sermon the tapes end and
you have to turn them over while the sermon continues unrecorded for a
few minutes.

If you can find a program that will record directly to the hard drive
rather than store the file in ram until it's saved, you might find a
mini-itx with a reasonable sized hard drive and a CD-burner to be a
good choice.

Going with a tape recorder will save the church money while going with
a mini-itx will be reasonably more expensive but would also mean a
higher quality recording without gaps in the sermon.